Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Night Before/Day of The Oscars

Because it's taken me so long to get these up I am not even writing about it, I just want to get it up. I will say, it was pretty cool. Security was insane. And I saw Dominic Cooper (Amanda Seigfried boyfriend in Mamma Mia) at the Renaissance Hotel bar after I stalked around.












The street is closed down for what seemed like 6 blocks on the day of. They had security with metal detectors a block away, so if you wanted to go to the McDonalds across the street from the Kodak Theater, you had to have the security wand you down and look in your bag. It was pretty intense, but you never know, there's alot of crazy actors in this town that may want revenge against the system.


All in all, a very interesting experience. The feeling in Los Angeles is interesting for the awards. There are people like me who get excited to watch them and turn it in to an event, and there are people who hate them and won't watch them. Which is pretty much like anywhere else. A lot of people think they are boring and won't watch, but the people who won't watch them in LA do it for a different reason. They are usually jaded and bitter, or think the process is too political, or don't think the people nominated deserve it, etc..
For example my one co-worker won't watch them until he goes to them. My other co-worker thinks the whole thing is rigged and whatever studio bribes the voters enough gets the prize. This may be true.
But for me, I still get as excited about it as I did when I first started watching as a kid and I wish I could have dressed up as a movie and been at Karen's yearly Oscar party. Maybe after a year in this industry I can look forward to being bitter and jaded. But I hope not. I hope my childhood fascination and excitement stays with me no matter how many actors/casting directors/agents yell at me in a day.

No comments: