Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hellbucks

I have officially been laid off from Starbucks. Corporate Starbucks is making stores get rid of people who only work a few hours a week. Due to the fact that I only work a few hours on the weekend, that means me.


This is both a blessing and an annoyance. I wanted to leave there - but I wanted to do it in my own time. Also I will lose my discount - which really sucks.



So I will begin the task of looking for another part time job. I had actually been doing that anyway (I applied to be a park ranger the other day - for some reason they didn't call). But I did have some promising news already, however I am not sure how much it will pay. One of the partners at my company is mainly in to promotions. Every weekend he flies celebrities out to Vegas and organizes a party for them and they pay him. So he needs someone to internet stalk for him and find out when their birthdays are, special occassions, etc... So that is right up my alley. I need to find out more info, but I think it will be fun.

No comments: