Friday, March 6, 2009

A Day of Firsts

Last weekend a friend of mine was in town and we hung out with her friend who lives in Westwood. Westwood is the area of LA that houses UCLA so it is a lot of college kids and it such a cute neighborhood. It is a good central location as it is right next to Beverly Hills and West Hollywood, on one side, and on the other Brentwood and Santa Monica. I will definitely be looking in that area when trying to move in a few months. But I hope that I won't get sucked in to acting like I am in college again with the UCLA kids. So, anyway, I ended up doing all these things I've never done before. It was really fun.

Awesome picture of rainy Westwood Village.


First I tried heroin, just kidding. First, we went out to dinner at a Persian Restaurant that I don't know how to spell. I have never tried Persian but it was really good. I had rice and chicken kabobs which were basically grilled, tender chicken. There was this yogurt drink that was a little scary though. But my friends loved it. Persian food reminds me of a less seasoned version of indian food.

Then we went to Whiskey Blue at the W Hotel which is a part of Rande Gerber's empire of hotels and restaurants. We got there early at like 10:00 so we wouldn't have to wait in line. It was pretty nice. We got a drink and went and sat down.



After a few minutes I look over and see Lauren Conrad and Lo Bosworth sitting right next to us. LC has been someone I have wanted to see since I moved here, so I was super excited. They were with another person and at first I thought it seemed interviewish, but after a while it looked like they were friends. They talked for like 45 minutes. They weren't really drinking anything and they were dressed really cute. Pretty much how they look all the time on the show. Also - they were a normal size. Not disgustingly skinny. They just looked normal.



After awhile they got up and walked toward another section of the club/bar/lounge and LC side hugged the random girl and said "Ahhhhhhhhhh". They went in the other section, which was in the direction of the smoking section and then headed out. We stayed there for a few more hours and then went to a Hookah lounge.



I think I may have smoked Hookah once in college cause the guys in my hall smoked it a lot, but I don't really remember. The place had all these different flavors of hookah and you pick one and they put it in this crazy contraption and smoke it. It's like flavored tobacco. We had strawberry flavor. We also had some delicious hummus and another something new of grape leaves with rice in them. The place was cool - they played middle eastern music, served Lebanese beer, good food and hookah.
Then I went back to my friend's hotel in Beverly Hills, the Avalon, which was pretty cool. All in all a fun weekend filled with new experiences and star sightings.

No comments: