Sunday, January 18, 2009

Poor Joaquin Phoenix

I think Joaquin Phoenix is a great actor and he has recently quit acting to begin a musical career. When I heard that I thought, it would be a genre in the rock and roll vicinity. But then I found out yesterday that he wants to be a rapper. Now I know he is crazy, he threw out a lot of disturbed interviews during the Walk the Line press, where he talked like a crazy person not making any sense and speaking gibberish, he clearly was on drugs. But this is taking it too far. What surprises me the most is the professional backing he is getting. Casey Affleck who I consider to be a pretty serious actor/artist, is documenting Joaquin's switch to Hip Hop and Puffy is producing his record. Don't these guys know, nobody is going to take him seriously?

Here's him quitting:


Here's the rapping video:


After this incredible performance, he fell down the steps leaving the stage. Its sounds and looks like me when I rapped and danced to TLC's "Hat to the Back" when I was 12. Actually I take that back - I was way better. Perez said he hoped this is some kind of Borat thing. I really hope so. Get off the drugs Joaquin.

No comments: