Thursday, January 15, 2009

Whenever I Feel Like It Music Blog - 2009 Artists to Watch Edition

Theresa Anderson - She is America's answer to all the awesome British female singers out there today that sound like they are from another time (Amy Winehouse, Adele, Duffy). Check out Birds Fly Away. I think I am going to see her this weekend - if so, I'll let you know how it goes.


Glasvegas
- Hmmm how to describe?. This band is from Scotland. If you combined 60's R&R with late 70's punk, this would be their bastard child band. Plus, they are awesome because they have a girl drummer.


The Boxer Rebellion
- This is probably my favorite new band to watch this year. These guys are based in London, but one guy is from PA (the singer Nathan Nicholson), another from Australia and the other two from the UK. They remind me of Radiohead or Keane. I think they are absolutely amazing. They are unsigned and doing everything independently. You can buy their album on iTunes for like $6. I really like Evacuate, Watermelon & Flashing Red Light Means Go.

evacuate-



Little Joy
- Fabrizio Moretti's (drummer from the Strokes) side project. They are very interesting and are getting alot of airplay in LA. Each song has a completely different sound so I have no way to describe it.

next time around -


Matt and Kim - This is a really cute couple that have been around for the past couple years. The girl is on drums and the guy is keyboard and vocals. I guess they are indie pop. Their first CD is an awesome exercise CD but most songs sound the same. Their new one has a lot more variation. I like it. Check out Daylight, Good Old Fashion Nightmare and Yea Yeah.

daylight-


Also some albums coming out in 2009 that I am really excited about:
U2
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
tegan & sara
Lily Allen
Kelly Clarkson
No Doubt
Outkast
Franz Ferdinand
DMB
The Decemberists
Dr Dre
Amy Winehouse (unless something horrible happens first)
Neko Case
Peter Bjorn & John
Imogen Heap

No comments: