Saturday, December 13, 2008

What kind of Micky Mouse Blog Is This

Today I began my yearly quest of seeing all Oscar nominated movies and actors and attempt to see all Golden Globes nominees. I went and saw Burn After Reading & The Changling.
Burn After Reading was really good. Brad Pitt is really funny in it, as is Frances McDormett. George Clooney was good as well, he played a character that is unlike alot of the characters he plays - so I liked that. I did not like the last Coen Brothers movie AT ALL. And I was pretty annoyed that it won the Oscar - but I really really liked this. It still has a dark, violent side to it - but still very funny.
During the movie it was only me and some other chick in the theater. She was very into laughing hysterically at only mildly funny parts, making comments throughout and picking up her cell phone. Though I am glad she did. She freakin got a call to say that someone in her family died. She left the theater and screamed and cried. I felt so bad for her. Because I like to analyze, I wondered - will she ever see the end of Burn After Reading or will it always remind her of that. I will never know.

The Changling was incredible. It was so sad and sick. I cannot believe that this is a true story. If you don't know - a quick overview is - Kid gets kidnapped, corrupt police cover it up, mom fights back. It is shocking. I cried like 4 times during the movie. Angelina gave an awesome performance. Very, very subtle and subdued. The sets were very realistic since it was supposed to be the 20's & 30's. And I really like how Clint Eastwood (dir) ended it very much like alot of the older movies from the "golden age" of film. So, I thought I was seeing a Jolie Pitt marathon, but it ended up being a John Malkovich marathon. He was good in both movies, but really good in Burn. I definitely recommend both movies.

PS The title is an altered quote from Burn After Reading

No comments: