Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fun Weekend Off

Due to my foot injury I was unable to work at Starbucks this weekend, which I wish I could do every weekend. Of course I will probably think differently when I have no Christmas gifts for anyone. But because of this lack of work I had a really relaxing, fun weekend.

On Friday night I went to Koi for dinner for a going away party. Koi is a super trendy celebrity ridden place, unfortunately I did not see any. It was so delicious. I have not been able to stop thinking about the green beans I had. I don't love sushi, but I ate some and loved every single thing that I ate. They had some delicious martinis as well. It ended up being kind of expensive, but not as much as I thought it would be, and it didn't have to be as expensive either. My meal was only 18, but with drinks, several appetizers and desert it was a lot more. I can't wait to go back.

On Saturday I went to a Christmas Festival in Tujunga Village, which is the neighborhood next to mine. I thought it was going to be more fun, but it was still cool. They had an antique car show, snow, a ride for kids, free food and drinks, Santa, street performers, etc.. There was supposed to be carolers and I didn't see them, though I wanted to see them the most.

Fake Snow


Car Show


Bat Mobile from the old TV Show



After that I went and saw Milk and Four Christmases. Milk was great and will definitely be nominated for an Oscar and Sean Penn will definitely win the Oscar. I think he is the most amazing actor alive. He is phenomenal in every movie he does. Four Christmases was funny. A little outlandish at times, but still really funny. There were so many name actors in it.

I will create a separate entry for Sunday - Ya-yeah!

No comments: