Saturday, December 13, 2008

Vanity Plates

25% of the cars driving around LA have vanity plates. I just made up that statistic, but there is alot. I have never seen so many in any other state. It is so crazy. But then again LA is unlike any other place. Yesterday I saw one that said "KISSSS 4U". Why thank you. When Laura was here - I counted 20 in one day. I know 10 million people live here, but come on.

Today I saw one that said my last name. My last name isn't Smith or something. It's pretty rare. My grandpop went to Slovakia and researched and we all come from one family in Slovakia and when searching the entire United States you only get like 100. Though I just searched Myspace and randomly there's a bunch in Egypt, Slovakia, PA, Ohio, Canada, Russian Federation & UK. Its fun to learn about distant relatives on Myspace. One is a really cool photographer in the UK. I did find some of my actual 1st cousins on there too.
So I was pretty shocked when I saw that plate. I freaked. What are the odds of that? Right in front of me driving a BMW. So I obviously tried to stalk, but couldn't cause there was a ton of traffic and I was late for my movie. But I saw her and she looked like a trashy, fake blond, smoking a cigarette, cutting across 4 lanes of traffic. Hey cuz!
For the longest time, I wanted a plate with my last name and then thought that it was a bad idea because of safety reasons. But either way I can't have it now. So here's to me finding her and stealing her plates! Cheers!

No comments: