Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Tale of Despereaux Red Carpet

On Friday I got an email from one of my catering companies asking if I wanted to work a movie premier on Sunday. I knew I couldn't because of my foot, but wondered what movie it was. It turns out that it was the new Emma Watson movie where she does the voice of the little girl. Now, like a 14 year old girl, I am obsessed with Harry Potter and the actors. Especially Dan and Emma. Unlike a 14 year old girl, I am almost 30, and that makes me more of a molester. So I was so bummed to miss it. Then later I thought hmmm maybe I will just go to the red carpet and see if I can see anything.

So on Sunday I rode over to the Arclight Hollywood, which is a super nice theater. It has a restaurant and bar and you can drink in some theaters. It was open to the public for the other movies they were playing. So you had to walk over the red carpet to get to the theater. There was this whole roped off section for fans and I just kind of walked pass security and hung around with the people on the red carpet who actually had tickets to the premier and nobody said anything to me.

So after awhile Buster from Arrested Development passed. Nobody had any idea who he was. Which is unfortunate considering that is one of the greatest comedies of all time. Then Emma came out and all the fans started screaming for her and she went over and signed stuff. The she went in to the theater lobby and stayed there until she signed something for everyone who wanted it and got pictures with everyone. She kept on saying "Anyone else?" She was really sweet and super cute and super skinny. So me and the 5 years olds were able to meet her and get her autograph. So I was excited, clearly.








After that I went back to the red carpet and Tracy Ullman came out and she went over and signed stuff for people.

Then Matthew Broderick (no SJP) & Dustin Hoffman walked out and they were super short and didn't stop for any fans. Matthew Broderick looks almost as old as Dustin in this picture.



Then Sigourney Weaver came out and she didn't stop for anyone either. Some guy screamed, as if he were burning "Please Sigourney, we've been waiting for hours". She just walked by. It was pretty funny.



I think alot of the people behind the rope were pro autograph hunters though. But there were some kids and parents and stuff too.

So the moral of the story is - the brits are really nice and american actors suck. Just kidding. I can't really judge based off of that.

But all in all it was a pretty cool day, sneaking on a red carpet, seeing one of my fave celebs and then going home and sleeping.

No comments: