Thursday, August 28, 2008

Socks

My roommate's cat is a psychopath. She is obsessed with my cats and when my door is closed she sits on the other side peering under the door. At least once a day - my cat will get in a fight with her - through the door. They attack each other from under the door. And it is a huge ruckus, they slam their bodies against the door, there is crazy growling, my cat gets primal and attacks my other cat. It's nutso. I have created a rug barrier so they can't see each other; however, sometimes I come home and half my rug is under the door so she can get to my cat easier. If the rug barrier is not in place I'll just see one random cat leg coming under my door. So anyway - she is afraid of socks. I don't know why but if you throw a sock at her she jerks her body up in the air in such a way the she could be an Olympic cat gymnast. So I have created an additional layer of protection in the form of a sock barrier on the other side of my door so she can't get close enough to stick her paw under. She walked over to my door today, saw the socks and turned right around. I should be a military strategist.

2 comments:

Liv's mom said...

Oh meg, I am so sorry to hear about this catfight...you know how much I love the boys. Anyway, I love the blog and am adding it to my favorites so I can check in on you. See you in Novemeber!

Anonymous said...

My cat is suddenly scared of socks and acts just like your room mate's cat. I wonder why?