Monday, August 11, 2008

The Huntington

Last week my mom and I went to The Huntington. It was so beautiful. It is basically a big botanical garden with plants, trees, flowers, etc from all over the world. It was really neat. It is kind of like Longwood Gardens in PA, except much bigger and more exotic. They have a cactus section, bonsai tree section, bamboo section, a Chinese and Japanese area, a zen garden, rose garden, tropical forest area and much more that I can't remember. It was really cool. Randomly I met this guy who was there for a convention about A Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. He was from Philly and teaches at Penn State. But the really weird part was that I am reading A Brave New World and it was in my purse at the time. So anyway Rita had heard of this place from a coworker and I just read an article on the web about top 10 non generic places to visit before you die, and The Huntington was one of them. By non generic I mean besides Grand Canyon, Empire State Building.... So anyways, here are some pictures:




No comments: