Tuesday, April 7, 2009

March Madness

For the past few weeks I've been playing a little game called - How long will it take my roommate to clean anything in the kitchen. Included in these games are:

Take Out The Trash
Clean the Cutting Board
Turn on and/or Empty the Dishwasher
Do the Dishes
Wipe the Counter
Clean the Area by Your TV Watching Area

I am so sick at being such a natural athlete and excelling at all of them that I decided to rest myself for bigger and better cleaning games also known as the "2009 Moving Out of this Hellhole Event". I felt the rookie really needed some practice in these areas since I would not be here to take care of it for Shoeless Joe Roommate. Especially in the very difficult trash event which she has only completed twice in one year and is in dire need of practice.

What did you say? You have questions/comments?

You're being immature - Yes I am.
You are cutting your nose off to spite your face - Indeed.
You are going to attract bugs unless something is done soon - You are correct, sir.

Well, maybe Roomie is preparing for other competitions - That's right, they are called 1997 90210, 2008 90210, American Idol, random VH1 reality show, and 20 other shows that are saved on DVR. There's also the "All I ever do is Work" Relay Medley (AKA "I Work 3 Days a Week Medley"), and the "I can't get up before 12:00" Backstroke and last but not least the latest event just completed 3 hours ago - "I can't vote for American Idol because my phone is in my bedroom which coincidentally shares the wall that my lazy ass is sitting against." Open.
Why not just say something to the Great Roommate - I am a sissy la la and am afraid of confrontation. And how would we have these games if I did?

How is Mr Roomtober doing with the events, well let's take a look and see.

1. In the trash event - we are at 1.5 weeks since I last completed that event. The trash has been over flowing for 1 week total.


2. This cutting board has now had oil and pesto on it for a grand total of 2 weeks.


3. Dishwasher - Tag team completion by myself because I needed dishes in it.

4. Dishes - COMPLETE. Dishes with disgusting mac and cheese and guacamole sat on our counter for three weeks before getting done. It was a tough road but the Sultan of Wash got through. Way to go! CONGRATS! That's GOT to be a record.


5. Counter Wipe - Complete. It went four days of Wonder Roommate preparing food on a dirty counter before I needed to make PBB's on it. Therefore another designated hitter for the big winner. Better luck next time champ.

This particular bowl sat on the counter for two days before our hero was able to complete that heat.


6. Living room area coffee table - Ongoing mess. There is never a time when there is a soda can, bowl, or cup on it. Besides total astonishment that someone watches TV next to dirty dishes and trash all week - This does not bother me because I don't enter that area, and so far we have not gotten any little guests.


I am really pulling for the Trash competition to be completed, as I believe that is integral to the purity of the apartment and to the games as a whole. The fact that little flying or crawling judges have not come in to review the event is beyond my comprehension. But The Mighty Mate will go on to fight another day.

In honor of the extremely competitive, strenuous, fast paced, back breaking fight the Might's got ahead of them - I give you ~ the Rocky Theme.



Disclaimer - I do not excel at all areas of personal cleanliness, however, I keep my clutter and disorganization in my room, not in common living areas. And my mess does not include 3 week old food. However I cannot promise you that my cats don't have a blog complaining about the disorganization of my closet.

1 comment:

Deeep said...

LOL, very funny and witty. Were you by chance watching Field of Dreams last night on tv? I was