Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Night At Work

I had work tonight and I totally didn't want to go to it but I am so glad I did. I worked a tennis tournament in Thousand Oaks. I have worked at this place before and it is absolutely gorgeous. First let me tell you about this place before we get to the super awesome part. It is Sherwood Country Club which an exclusive country club/housing development. There is a lake with houses that are nestled in the hills around it, a golf course, tennis courts, and I am sure a whole lot more that I don't know about. The only thing is that the houses are not houses but mansions.

For example: This looks like the freakin Von Trapp chateau.


Click here to see a tour of of this house. The "house" is 13100 square ft. Its for sale if you want to buy it.


Here are some pictures:

Aerial View of Sherwood Country Club


The actual country club that I worked at.


Some houses in the hills.


So anyway I was working a tennis tournament and it was being held by the Bryan Brothers who are the #1 tennis doubles team in the world. Tiger Woods also holds a charity golf tournament here as well. Anyway, the Bryan bros are really nice and very handsome and very tall. They are also multi-talented. They got up on stage and performed with the band. The one was on the drums, the other was piano.
So they are bff with Andy Roddick and I thought he was going to be there and I would have freaked out because I love him. But Andre Agassi was there and he was really cute and a really good speaker. Maria Sharapova was there and I don't really like her but she was very very pretty. And she doesn't have an accent, I thought she did? I guess not. Also the blond chick from 8 Simple Rules was there. She was not as cute in person but I heard she was really nice.

They had an auction and the people at this thing were super rich. Some one bought a day with Maria Sharapova for $20,000 and something involving tennis and Andre Agassi for $45,000. Just to get in it was $5000 a plate. It was all for charity though - so that is really cool.

So then they were having musical performers. I don't know if anyone remembers Evan and Jared. They sung that song Crazy for this Girl or something like that. Who knew that those one hit wonders were still performing music 10 years later. They were very cute and nice though.

All night people were like Belinda Carlile the country singer is performing and I was like - I don't know any country singers named Belinda Carlile. It ended up being Brandi Carlile, who is my top five favorite artists. So I was clearly super excited. She was amazing as usual. She just did a 6 song acoustic set and people LOVED her. She got 3 standing ovations after some of the songs. I talked to her afterwards. It went like this:
me - that was awesome brandy
brandi - thank you

So we are pretty much best friends now. Brandi was there with her gf who I have never seen. She looked very familiar, like another singer, but I have no idea who she was. This is around the 13th time I've seen her live and it never gets old. She did a cover of a song I have never heard her do before and now I can't remember what song it was. But it was good.

It was such an awesome work surprise. On top of all of that, I got a delicious ny strip steak for dinner, they gave us the center pieces which are a beautiful fall themed arrangement and a bottle of wine. So all in all, a good night.

No comments: