Monday, September 22, 2008

EMMYS

I worked the Emmy Award Governors Ball tonight and it was pretty cool. It is basically the party that everyone goes to after the Emmys. I was able to get some pictures of the place but I need to figure out how to get them off my phone. So my job was to hand out drinks on the red carpet and then to take care of coffee. So I stood on the red carpet and everyone left the Nokia Theater and walked across the street to the Convention Center where the Governors Ball was. I saw so many people all at once as they all rushed out to go to the convention center. I know I missed a ton of people too. Seth Meyers from SNL came out way before everyone else and he got champagne from some other server and he gave her twenty bucks. Leslie David Baker (Stanley from the Office)took a water from me and Kevin Dillon (Drama from Entourage) took a champagne from me. I heard him say I am so excited for Jeremy. Both of them were really nice. My favorite people I saw at this point were JJ Abrams & Damon Lindeloff (creators of LOST). I almost dropped my water when I saw them. And I was pretty excited when I saw Cynthia Nixon and Neil Patrick Harris too.

Then we moved in and had to do some stuff, but my job was so boring that I was able to escape toward the end and I just walked around and stalked. At this point I was really disappointed that I hadn't seen anyone from Lost, Office or 30 Rock. I had seen Daniel Day kim but that is all. Then all of a sudden I look over and see Jenna Fischer and John Krasinski. Jenna was just as cute in person and taller then I expected. John Krasinski was adorable and had so many people trying to get pictures with him. Then the table next to them was 30 Rock and I got to see Tina Fey & Amy Poehler, which was awesome. Tina had a line of people around waiting to talk to her. No Will Arnett though - which would have made my night. Then a few minutes later I saw Alec Baldwin. Brian Baumgarten & Oscar Nunez (Kevin and Oscar from the Office) asked me to take a picture of them and their wives. Kevin is pretty much my favorite on the Office and I told them I loved them. That was pretty much it for celebrity interactions. I will upload pictures tomorrow.

Here is a list of celebs that I saw:
Alec Baldwin, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Lorne Michaels, Seth Meyers, Chandra Wilson, Rainn Wilson, Jenna Fischer, John Krasinski, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgarten, Deborah Messing, Charlie Sheen, Ryan Seacrest, Jon Cryer, Kevin Dillon, Neil Patrick Harris, Cynthia Nixon, JJ Abrams, Damien Lindoloff, Julie Louis Dryfus, Terri Hatcher, Jon Stewart, Steven Colbert, Flight of the Concords people, BJ Novack, January Jones, Daniel Day Kim, Kristin Chenoweth, Holland Taylor, Vanessa Williams, Michael C Hall, Nicholette Sheridan, Adrian Grenier, Cheryl Hines, Jimmy Kimmel, Kumar, Kyle McLachlan, Olivia Wilde, the guy who won best supporting, William Morse, Christian from Project Runway, Josh Groban, the host from DWTS, Alan Cumming, David Boreanaz, Dennis Leary, Judy Dench, The PC guy, that guy that I can’t stand from Boston Public, Meredith & Phyllis from the Office.

Everyone pretty much looks like they look on TV. John Krasinski & Daniel Day Kim are so hot. January Jones and Olivia Wilde are beautiful. Charlie Sheen looked like a mess. Ryan Seacrest looks as gay as you would imagine. David Boreanaz looked miserable every time I saw him. Christian from PR is seriously 4'8. He is so little. So is Kristen Chenoweth. Also I gotta say Adrian Grenier is pretty cute even though I hate him.

People I wished I'd seen: more LOST people, Lauren Conrad, Jeff Probst, Heidi Klum & of course CONAN.

It was a really surreal night. OK more later. Goodnight.

3 comments:

IKnowTheSecret said...

Thank you for sharing! I hope you got a picture of John Krasinski and Jenna Fischer!

Anonymous said...

Being in LA sounds so glamorous!

Myself said...

Rose - I wish I could have gotten celeb pictures - but I was actually supposed to be working even though I stood by the 30 Rock table for quite some time and some busser guy came over and was like what is you're job and I completely lied and said bussing - Yeah they sent me to bus. And he was like OK then bus this table.
But thanks for commenting Rose.

And yes Mandy - my jobless life out here is sooooo glamorous. And I don't work where Tina Fey works - like some people.