Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Dan Band

I went and saw the Dan Band last night at the House of Blues in Disneyland. They are the band from Old School that sings Total Eclipse of the Heart. I was not a previous fan of the The Dan Band. In fact I have barely seen Old School once (Shout out - couples weekend and me and Rita in Nags Head), but I do remember that song and I thought it would probably be funny. And it definitely was. Even the crowd was funny. When we went down to the floor, the one kid I was with got in trouble by this chick for being in her space, which is just funny when you're at a sold out concert. Then during the show there was a girl fight, which is always fun, especially when I'm not involved. Then a bunch of drunk ass dudes that jumped up and down the whole show and screamed "One more song" after every song from the beginning. And of course the drunk girl that took 3 minutes to get on her boyfriends shoulders with strangers holding her drunk ass up on his shoulders so she wouldn't fall on them and it was all for naught because as soon as she was settled, security came over and asked her to get down. Oh and that's the same girl that got in a fight later. It was crazed, yet awesome. So anyway, the Dan Band. They cover all songs that are sung by woman. It is a lead singer, Dan (kinda looks like my old roommate), and is dressed like a mechanic and there's two backup guys dressed in suits. I love the back up guys. They were really funny. They just do half assed dance moves, that are terrific. I need to learn them and perfect them for the next wedding. And they seemed to make cat hands in almost every song. I like that. Anyway, here are some clips:

Tyrone from Erika Badu, I think. This one was my fave.


Christina/TLC/Britney Medley


Freakin Hilarious

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I am curious to know which of the roomies (mike or billy) does the Dan Band lead singer look like?