Monday, February 16, 2009

Song Most Likely to Sound Like Eminem - Asher Roth

Basically this video is a documentary of me and my friends during college. I love the Miller Lite shout out. It probably seems so familiar because the guy is from Morrisville, PA which is 30 miles from Philly and he went to West Chester University where many of my friends attended. You can even see West Chester gear in the video.
Asher Roth put some songs up on his MySpace page, requested the friendship of a music promoter in Hotlanta, a week later he flew to Atlanta and now he has a record deal. The refrain pretty much sounds exactly like Eminem, and Asher says he is flattered by the comparison, but thinks they are very different. Either way it is a fun song. They are already playing out here in LA and I am going to take a gamble and say it will be the college party anthem of 2009. His video is on MTV, Kanye has endorsed him and he's already making the late night talk show rounds. His album drops (ha ha) at the end of April.
DO SOMETHING CRAZY!!!!!!!



Asher performing live at Kildare's in West Chester -


Random fact - one of his band mates was the guy who tackled the terrorist who made the bomb threat on a plane in the beginning of January.

All I can say is that I am really excited that YouTube was not really around while I was in school. I did enough stupid things, they did not need to be recorded for prosperity. Except of course those few VHS tapes that Amanda has.

No comments: