Thursday, October 16, 2008

Phillies Going to the World Series

So I get an email from my friend's husband, Jayson and he tells me that I better be at the Phillies game because tickets are on sale for $15. I go online and sure enough - tickets starting at $13. Clearly the super faithful Dodgers fans could see that their team was going to lose - so they were getting rid of their tickets. The game started at 5:22 pacific time, but I have work till 7. Which was fine I just wanted to see the end when the Phillies won, but my boss let me leave at 6:00 and I hit all this traffic and the lot was super full and it took forever to park, but I finally made it to the game by the 6th inning. Just in time for stupid Manny's home run. I had no time to get any Phillies gear or my camera, but I took pictures with my phone.



When I walked in Dodger fans were already leaving and two guys said "Don't go in there unless you're a Phillies fan" and I said "I'm a Phillies fan" and they booed me. The fans were chanting "Phillies suck" and trying to engage some Phillies fans in some verbal sparring, but nothing really came of it. They booed Shane when he was up and I cheered really loud and I got alot of dirty looks and curses thrown at me. And after I heard about the knife flashing at Phillies fans at other playoff games in LA I decided to simmer down. So in the 9th I went down to lower level where all the Phillies fans were waiting for the win.


All these pictures are pretty blurry, but you get the gist.


And when it happened all the Phillies fans started jumping and running around and we were all slapping each others hands. And all the Dodger fans cursed at us and someone curiously said "Ryan Howard has Aids". Not really sure what that means. Then all the Phillies fans gathered by the visiting dug out and waited for the team to come out and one by one they did. They came in and out of the dugout for the next hour. Along with Harry Kalas. It was so awesome. Also awesome when the Dodger fans threw cups and trash at us from the upper deck.



Shane Victorino is so freaking cute. He came out and ran towards his daughter and just hung out with her during the whole after party thing on the field.


Some random Philly came over and poured champagne all over the fans and So Taguchi jumped into the stands gave his NLCS t-shirt to some girl in the crowd then bowed to everyone and slapped all of our hands. Then the guy from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" walked by. Rollins gave beers to the fans which they opened and poured all over themselves. The trophy finally came out and they gave it to Rollins and Burrell. Then we were asked to leave and of course people got belligerent, but I only saw one Phillies fan kicked out, but that was earlier.



It was pretty awesome. Thank you Dodger fans for being so lame that I was able to go the National League playoffs for $13 dollars. Which was actually less than it cost to park. That's disgusting and that would never happen in Philly. Could you imagine Phillies fans selling their tickets day off and leaving in the 5th inning? I feel bad for the Phillies that it didn't happen at home, but it was good for me. Cheers and GO PHILS! But I must say, the Rays scare me a bit. They are annihilating the Red Sox.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jesus...I already left one comment that was negated. Soska, God Bless the Phils and I'm so happy you made it past the scum bag LA fans. Yes, the D-Rays are tough, but nothin's gonna stop us now!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this blog! I literally laughed out loud picturing your perplexed face as someone yells, "Ryan Howard has AIDS." Dodger fans are idiots. Thanks for reporting on the game, first-hand. :)

Anonymous said...

I heart Victorino! And I heart Meggy Sosk!